If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

2013 Ford Taurus AC... please point me in the right direction

Chris2c
Vehicle: 2013 Ford Taurus SEL

2013 Ford Taurus AC... please point me in the right direction

Post by Chris2c » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:55 am

I can't figure out what's wrong with the AC in 2013 Ford Taurus. I replace the AC components not too long ago. The only thing I did not change was the condenser. feeling it back up I had a little bit too much and the belt started squealing and kept squealing. I did not get the chance to fix it for a while and then fixing it I didn't tighten the connection on the compressor all the way started getting a slow leak again it was a while before I could fix it.

I found the leak and put a new belt on I added like around 2 oz of oil (I was guessing...how do you know how much oil to add without taking the compressor off???) when I put Freon back in it...

Now the AC will turn on and have good airflow..after about 5-10mims.... the airflow gets weaker and weaker...

Someone told me maybe the blower resistor ( might test that tomorrow with multimeter)

I haven't seen ice on anything yet to show freezing over...expansion valve? Drier? (Going to check temps of line tomorrow too)

What about something getting clogged or too much moisture from the leak being open for a period of time?

I've watched the compressor click on and it goes fine but then it will act like it's skipping...

I am a jack of all trades kind of guy and and I'm decent at mechanic work... I've done this job before different cars....and can fix it but I dobt know what to fix....

What's yalls opinion...point me in the right direction...never seen this before...please

Hadi.b
Vehicle: SE

Re: 2013 Ford Taurus AC... please point me in the right direction

Post by Hadi.b » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:51 am

hi there , small test since u have added more oil to the compressor : when the airflow gets weaker and weaker just switch to heat and wait 1 to 2 minutes, if the airflow come's back better then u have freezing issue into the evaporator it self and if so ! .. u have to re-flush the AC system with new Freon and a correct amount of oil ! ..

if my test doesn't work then u have blower resistor over heating issue and it need replacing or fixing .

Chris2c
Vehicle: 2013 Ford Taurus SEL

Re: 2013 Ford Taurus AC... please point me in the right direction

Post by Chris2c » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:57 am

Thanks for the reply...I should have posted the end result....

So I took out the resistor and tested it with a multimeter...it was good

Someone I talked to said maybe an actuator...so I took off the one where the intake is....it manually moved the little intake door...no change

Saw the actuator near the middle console...was in autozone parking lot and took it off...(I live in texas and believe me that cement was hot and sucked to kneel down)...I moved that door manually....no change

So I told myself I want to see the hamster wheel/or fan turn...so I took the motor loose and held it and turned the ac on...the motor was turning but would act like it wants to lock up and if I helped it it would then speed back up...took off the back cover of the motor...

There was a ton of black powder all over it...well I cant afford a new blower motor right now so I went home took it apart (wish I could have taken it down its brushes but wasn't sure how and did y want to open a can of worms) cleaned it with electric cleaner...plugged it back it and BAM fixed

Although it is louder than it use to be and my gf says it vibrates the dash a bit...but its blowing and it's cold
Attachments
20190821_162959.jpg
20190821_162959.jpg (177.49 KiB) Viewed 2240 times