If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Five Hundred to Taurus

JFW1
Vehicle: 06 Ford Five Hundred

Five Hundred to Taurus

Post by JFW1 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:46 pm

So, my '06 Five Hundred AWD is rusting out from under me.

The car started out as something I was kind of 'Meh' about, but got because it had a good safety record, room, and AWD and I had two young kids.

10 years later I love the thing; and it's changed my mind against SUV's (we went on cross country camping trips and enjoyed 27mpg and a passenger area free from luggage. So nice to have a view out the back window).

So now, I'm looking at a 300s (I owned an Intrepid that was good to me prior to the Five Hundred) and the Taurus.

The 300 is nice, but small. The Taurus still has the ginormous trunk, but just from looking at it, it doesn't appear to have as much interior room? The back seat in particular looks quite a bit smaller.

Can a current owner, preferably someone who has made a similar transition, give me an idea how comfortable the Taurus is compared to the Five Hundred?

Thank you!

PeterNC

Re: Five Hundred to Taurus

Post by PeterNC » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:14 pm

I have a 2016 Taurus SE and had a 2008 Taurus SEL. IMO the 2008 / 2009 Taurus / Sable is the way to go interior space wise.

Sometimes they pop up with low mileage.

I had a 2010 Avalon which was also extremely generous with interior space. Unfortunately Avalon’s are very expensive comparatively.

As is the MKS. I test drove a 2009 a few years ago but do not remember the interior space.

For long distance road trips I also have a 2017 Expedition EL XLT.

JFW1
Vehicle: 06 Ford Five Hundred

Re: Five Hundred to Taurus

Post by JFW1 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:18 am

Thank you for the reply!

I’ll keep a look out.