If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Low fuel light - 2002 Taurus

Bobbyg
Vehicle: 2002 Taurus

Low fuel light - 2002 Taurus

Post by Bobbyg » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:37 pm

Any recommendations on a low fuel light that doesn’t come on?

Magus732
Vehicle: 2000 Taurus SE Comfort

Re: Low fuel light - 2002 Taurus

Post by Magus732 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:15 pm

The easiest thing to do is to not let the tank get near empty. I try not to let mine get below a quarter tank, but when I first bought my 2000 FFV Taurus, the little Flex Fuel-only module behind the radio didn't work, and since it allowed the gauge to read accurately whether the tank has gas or E-85 in it, the gauge didn't read right until I replaced that stupid module. And the only way to do that is to remove the radio, reach up with a wrench (at least, in my case), bash your hand against the inner lip of the hole where the radio/HVAC panel goes trying to unhook the module with 1/4 turns of said wrench, and remove the little bracket holding the module in place. That was fun; it was an unnessesarily long 20-30 minutes of my life I won't be getting back. :x

Most likely, in your case, there's either an issue with the wiring from the sending unit to the light, or the little bulb's burnt out. And I do mean little; I think the ones in the dash are those #168 bulbs.
2000 Taurus SE Comfort - Graphite Blue - 3.0L Vulcan FFV
2011 Taurus SEL - Tuxedo Black - 3.5L Duratec 35