If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

wiring harness (audio)

penelhum
Vehicle: 2013 PI

wiring harness (audio)

Post by penelhum » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:45 pm

My buddy and I want to try and create a wire harness. He's a whiz when it comes to vehicles and electronics. im not as skilled but i want a harness for sync. we both have interceptors.

where does one buy the wires to create a harness? im sure the ones needed would need to be specific enough to be compatible with ford/sync....etc

mope
Vehicle: 2013 Interceptor

Re: wiring harness (audio)

Post by mope » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:33 am

If you're looking to take on that endeavor (and I don't know that I've seen anyone successfully converting a non-sync vehicle over to sync), why wouldn't you just buy a civi harness and console with sync module?

I imagine you're going to have a hard enough time with the software programming that you would want to rule out hardware (ie wiring) problems.

Honestly, for the time that this would take you, why not just go with the $400 chinese head unit replacement? What features would you want that sync provides which that android based system doesn't?

Edit: to answer your actual question, you can get the motocraft pigtail book which will show you all (most?) of the plug types. From there you can order them, wire, pins, accessories, and tools. Itll cost $$$$ and take forever, but it can be done if you're intent on making your own from scratch.

penelhum
Vehicle: 2013 PI

Re: wiring harness (audio)

Post by penelhum » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:02 pm

this is more trying to get the 4" to 8" since so many people want to do so. I"m curious why it can't be done so id like to do it. It probably would be easier to get a chinese head unit and get the features working (bluetooth connection) but im determined to see this through.

actually, for MY needs, the easiest and quickest solution would be to get the AUX-IN wiring harness and add aux capability to my interceptor. but that would be too easy. But like i said, im not the whiz when it comes to electronics, but we're gonna try. we both work, it'll take a minute to see this thing through