If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

HELP 2013 PI FlexPipe Leak

cooldude.country
Vehicle: 2013 Ford PI Sedan Base

HELP 2013 PI FlexPipe Leak

Post by cooldude.country » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:53 pm

Hi all. First a big shoutout to FordPImods.com. Jason is the man. He fixed me up with SeriusXM on my 2013 PI Sedan and it works well.

Now for my problem. Exhaust leak. FlexPipe is bad. $256.00 for the part and a total of $621.00 including NYS tax at the Ford Dealer. Popped into Cole Muffler. The part isnt listed because its a "Dealer Only" part. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks in advance.

Saunders1986

Re: HELP 2013 PI FlexPipe Leak

Post by Saunders1986 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:40 am

Jason also really helped me out with getting an aux port in my 2013, awesome guy with great service!

How would you describe the leak you are hearing? Any check engine lights? Where is the flex pipe located that is leaking?

I’m going through my own exhaust situation, My car is throwing a catalytic converter code, and a faint buzzing rattling sound at low rpm. I suspect the catalytic converter has failed and needs to be replaced, seems like a expensive repair from what I gather.

mope
Vehicle: 2013 Interceptor

Post by mope » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:56 am

confused.......what type of help are we looking for?

1) if too expensive as quoted, grab one from a low mile junker for $25 and replace yourself. they're just post/flange so a new set of gaskets (or make your own) and you're good to go.

2) if your question is why can't your local muffler shop get one, run.....run fast.....and never return there. any idiot with a computer can have it delivered to their door step.

mymangochutney
Vehicle: Taurus FPIS 2013

Post by mymangochutney » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:39 am

mope wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:56 am
confused.......what type of help are we looking for?

1) if too expensive as quoted, grab one from a low mile junker for $25 and replace yourself. they're just post/flange so a new set of gaskets (or make your own) and you're good to go.

2) if your question is why can't your local muffler shop get one, run.....run fast.....and never return there. any idiot with a computer can have it delivered to their door step.
Where are you that there are cheap parts? Here everyone wants 70% of new value if they even carry the part

crownedking

Post by crownedking » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:52 am

all the info for xm radio and aux are on this forum. using a "modsite" is a waste of money and time.

use www.tascaparts.com and do what mope said. you also might want to stay away from the dealers. :lol:
DON'T buy from paid PI mod sites, stay away from dealer programming! message me for help or questions.

"If you believe you can figure it out on your own then by all means do feel free to do so. I have nothing against people who want to do it on their own. I am not aware of anyone else that has done it though." - jmr061 - Jason Rasmussen

PI_1247
Vehicle: 2013 PI Sedan

Post by PI_1247 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:16 am

Get a universal flex pipe from NAPA or your choice of parts store, the one I bought was 2 1/2". I am a mechanic and put my own in on my 2013, but if you dont have the ability to weld the seams, I suggest taking it to a muffler shop to weld in. Way cheaper than dealer parts. Think the pipe cost $30 or less. I didnt weld mine, i used clamps and Acoutiseal from NAPA, which is like tar, it's an exhaust system sealer. I didnt have access to a welder, but i wish i did. I also had to use an aftermarket exhaust hanger because the universal pipe is like 2" longer than stock. This sounds complicated, but it's really not. It took me 30-40 mins. I'll post a pic later to show the repair. Sealed good, and no engine lights what so ever. Hope this helps!