If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

OBDLink MX Bluetooth Scan Tool

tommyboy5740
Vehicle: 2013 Ford Taurus sedan PI

OBDLink MX Bluetooth Scan Tool

Post by tommyboy5740 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:56 am

Hello people...new here! Was following CrownedKings instruction for enabling remote start/keyless entry, and was stopped when I could not connect to the OBDLink MX Bluetooth Scan Tool. I have all the necessary items, installed the necessary software. Just cannot get the laptop with bluetooth to see the OBDLink MX Bluetooth Scan Tool. When I ask the FORscan software to connect to bluetooth device, it says no eml(or something similar) devices to connect to?
I was using a laptop with windows 7, and the FORscan software with extended license, with the OBDLink MX Bluetooth Scan Tool plugged into the scan tool connection area bottom of dash board.
Power light comes on, then the bluetooth light blinks on and off, but after a while there is only the power light the blinks. Not sure why the laptop with blue tooth cannot see this other bluetooth device?
Thanks in advance for any help.

mymangochutney
Vehicle: Taurus FPIS 2013

Re: OBDLink MX Bluetooth Scan Tool

Post by mymangochutney » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:39 pm

Try pairing it with your phone? If that doesn't work you'd know what's broken.

tommyboy5740

Post by tommyboy5740 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:36 pm

you are right, the bluetooth dongle in my usb port of the laptop does connect to my phone, and pairs, so I think the obd unit must not be working then.
Thanks.

tommyboy5740

Post by tommyboy5740 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:56 pm

Editing my last post....I tried resetting the scan tool, then tried to reconnect to FORscan. That did it. Now I am looking for specific instructions for enabling remote start, keyless entry on new remotes ordered. I will report back when I find anything that worked for me.
Thanks.
Got the AWD gauge enabled plus the hours indicator. Looking forward to getting my keys in the mail so I can enable remote start/keyless entry. Really happy things are working the way they have been described to work.

crownedking

Post by crownedking » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:30 pm

great to hear! keep it DIY, share the knowledge and stay away from paid pimod sites/ford dealers!
DON'T buy from paid PI mod sites, stay away from dealer programming! message me for help or questions.

"If you believe you can figure it out on your own then by all means do feel free to do so. I have nothing against people who want to do it on their own. I am not aware of anyone else that has done it though." - jmr061 - Jason Rasmussen