If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

valve cover gasket oil leak after changing plugs and coils

JohnoATX
Vehicle: 2008 Mercury Sable Premier fwd

valve cover gasket oil leak after changing plugs and coils

Post by JohnoATX » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:40 am

Good morning, y'all. I want to thank anyone in advance for helping me with this conundrum because it seems no one has heard of this, yet. I have a 2008 Mercury Sable Premier fwd with the obvious dohc 3.5 L V6. I had a bad coil and the spark plugs were getting old so I decided to put the new E3 spark plugs in and replace my coils with Accel super performance coils. I put a new Fel-Pro gasket on my plenum and tightened it down and put everything else back together and took it for a test drive. When I gave the engine a load, you can tell the oil was coming from somewhere and hitting the exhaust manifold and smoking. It was horrible. I then came home and took the plenum back off and carefully put it back on and tightened everything with a torque wrench. I don't know the sequence but I made sure if it was as even as anyone could get. It's still leaks but not as bad. Now my input speed sensor is going out so I bought one but do not know where it's located. I'm thinking maybe the oil is messing with it or the sensor has simply gone bad. I don't believe in coincidences so this is something that is baffling a couple of different Master mechanics. One mechanic said that I'm sucking in air. I checked my pvc hose and it is clear and clean. All hoses are intact. Thanks again, everyone. Your input is immensely appreciated. 😎👍