If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

2008 Taurus X Noise described

merlin504
Vehicle: 2008 Ford Taurus X

2008 Taurus X Noise described

Post by merlin504 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:29 am

When we turn the key to the ON position, we hear this ticking noise coming from behind the steering wheel. It sounds like a tick, tick, tick than a rattle and stops. However, lately, it has been making the ticking noise while driving. The other day I was playing the headlight switch knob and noticed when I would turn the lights off and on, off and on. It was the exact same noise I was hearing.

As far as we know, the lights are all functioning properly but this noise has me concerned that whatever it is, may one day leave us stranded.

Has anyone had issues with ambient light sensor failing or another light related switch going bad?

Note. To reproduce the sound, simply sit in your car and turn the lights off and on, its not the noise of the actual switch but its noise of possibly the lights themselves. It almost makes me think, the sensor is pulling false signals and is trying to make adjustments.

mmsstar
Vehicle: 2011 Flex SE

Re: 2008 Taurus X Noise described

Post by mmsstar » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:48 am

Could be a bad blend door actuator in the HVAC system.

merlin504
Vehicle: 2008 Ford Taurus X

Post by merlin504 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:08 am

I listened to that video. If you were to start the car normally, you would not hear it. I only heard because I was listening to the radio while I waited for my wife to come outside. Or if the radio is on just enough to kill the silence, you wont hear it.

GenoS

Post by GenoS » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:17 pm

Could be the self-destruct sequence activating. Don't mess with it anymore. ;-)
The Best Part of the Corps is THE CORPSMAN
HMCS(FMF) ret.