If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Full Range Signal to 6x9's?

sugarmamaspickle
Vehicle: 2013 PI

Full Range Signal to 6x9's?

Post by sugarmamaspickle » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:17 pm

I'm looking to add a powered sub to my stock stereo by getting signal from the 6x9's. They don't sound like any low notes play through them. Does the factory stereo filter sound to different speaker locations? If so, is there an amp somewhere I could steal a signal from prior to the filtering? I have the base 4" stereo for now...

mope
Vehicle: 2013 Interceptor

Re: Full Range Signal to 6x9's?

Post by mope » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:47 pm

Since you haven't gotten any responses, I'll chime in - though it may not help much!

My PI had a single, center mounted speaker in the rear deck. While the sheet metal had cutouts for the 6x9's, they were blank and the deck carpet covered the cutouts. The single/center speaker was worthless.

I installed 6x9's, the recommended door replacements, and tied in the civi pillar tweeters - a pretty good off the shelf/cheap upgrade. Again, your setup may be different if you have factory 6x9's in there, but there was definitely full signal to the rears.

sugarmamaspickle

Post by sugarmamaspickle » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:28 pm

I don't have the center speaker. I have the fan instead. That electronics tray is pretty heavy duty. I'm thinking it would make a great amp rack if I go all out someday... I'll update this thread when I get around to installing my sub.

cyg
Vehicle: 2013 Ford PI Sedan wh EcoBoost

Post by cyg » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:58 am

Not sure if you followed this thread, but I built out my PI with 6x9s in the rear and a sub, along with a HU fit into the center console.

viewtopic.php?t=20023
sugarmamaspickle wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:28 pm
I don't have the center speaker. I have the fan instead. That electronics tray is pretty heavy duty. I'm thinking it would make a great amp rack if I go all out someday... I'll update this thread when I get around to installing my sub.

sugarmamaspickle

Post by sugarmamaspickle » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:12 pm

Well, they most definitely do not get a full range signal from the stock head unit. I installed a powered sub that I had from my old car and got absolutely no sound from the speaker. Even with the crossover set to the highest value of 200Hz, nothing.

I have one of these on order.
http://www.carnaviplayer.com/aftermarke ... 2017-p-894

I'll start a thread on the install when I get time to do the install.

cyg
Vehicle: 2013 Ford PI Sedan wh EcoBoost

Post by cyg » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:04 pm

AFAIK the stock radio and amp is kind of crap, and they don't have a sub out signal. I really don't trust these all-in-one replacements which is why I went the way I went.

I am curious to see how that aftermarket unit works.