If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

THE DREADED CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS - STILL GOING

bobC927

THE DREADED CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS - STILL GOING

Post by bobC927 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:37 pm

1998 Mercury Sable LS 3.0l DOHC

It all started with the Cylinder 5 misfire code (P0305). So my buddy and I decided to do a complete fix by installing new spark plugs, spark plug wires, and an ignition coil. Codes cleared. After the installation, the next day while driving the engine light reappears. This time it was codes P0149 and P0148. Based on these codes and so called expert's opinions the Mass AirFlow (MAF) sensor replaced. Codes cleared.

Next time driving, the dreaded light is back. This time codes P0174 (bank 2) and P0171 (bank 1). Solution here was to replace the PCV. Codes cleared, again.

Next day while driving, you guessed it. This time only P0174 (vacuum leak at Intake Manifold). Seems that the PVC fixed P0171. With this we decided to replace the Intake Manifold Gaskets. After install drove for quite a few miles, both highway and stop and go. Performance better but still not 100%.

So as I'm pulling into my garage, I stopped for the door to open and guess what. . . . . the dreaded engine light is back. Don't know which one (code) will pop, but at this point I'm so frustrated and pissed I decided to leave it until after the 4th.

Anyone willing to take a shot at this, as I'm totally frustrated with this problem? All comments/suggestions will be appreciated.