If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Police interceptor front bumper differences?

garftree
Vehicle: 2013 ford police interceptor

Police interceptor front bumper differences?

Post by garftree » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:51 pm

so i got a good one for everyone. simply put i am trying to find a front bumper for a 2013 police interceptor. for the last month its been impossible. junk yards, online have nothing anywhere.

so my question is: what is the big difference from a police interceptor front bumper and say a Taurus se or sho, ect front bumper? is it tab placement? shape? could i use a bumper of a regular Taurus? if not could i with lite-medium modifications put one in?

only thing i need now is the front bumper and rear lower valance(sho model valences work).....

Quick story behind this car: bought it at auction for $470 non-running hit on the drivers rear. front bumper down to the steel reinforcement was removed along with headlights and grill, also all fuses and air box with maf was removed. i went to the junk yard and got fuses. i installed everything and it only has 37K miles on it. so i went back to the j yard and got an air box with maf, installed it, and the thing fired right up. i replaced entire rear suspension. i test drove it and it rides great surprisingly. i ordered headlights and a grill and doors. now all thats left is a front bumper and rear valance.

GhostRider
Vehicle: 2013 Ford Taurus Limited

Re: Police interceptor front bumper differences?

Post by GhostRider » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:57 am

There is not a difference in fitment. the PI bumper cover just looks different from the retail version is all.

Here is the part # for the PI bumper cover,

EG1Z-17D957-DPTM
http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-ford/eg1z17d957dptm

Some retail Taurus's have the "Auxiliary Parking Lights" in the bumper cover, which you will have to wire yourself or you could just get blanks in place of them. The lights are useless and wish they were fog lights. I know some Special Service Police Sedans (think of it as a watered down PI Sedan) had the retail bumper cover with those blanks in place of the lights.
2013 Ford Taurus Limited FWD (301A Package)

seandevero
Vehicle: 2013 Ford Police Sedan

Post by seandevero » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:58 am

Ghostrider is correct the fitment is the same, if you go civilian you can purchase aftermarket fog lights that are switchbacks and wire them into your parking turn lights.

garftree
Vehicle: 2013 ford police interceptor

Post by garftree » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:42 am

Well seems you guys are right I needed up getting an see style bumper cover everything lined up right. I just did covers instead of those lights. Got some more work to do before I can finish the mount. But hey thanks guys