If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

93 Taurus front lower subframe bushings

hdumpty
Vehicle: 93 ford taurus lx

93 Taurus front lower subframe bushings

Post by hdumpty » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:30 pm

I recently had the front rear, and front mounts replaced on 93 ford Taurus lx wagon, still clunked after the was done, went back to mech. he said the rubber thing that's located in the frame, what the bottom stud on the front motor goes through is shot, I called ford motor to see what it was and he said isolator,,,can only get the rubber thing at junk yard, or dealer, but what the ford dealer described doesn't sound like the hard rubber thing in frame, does any one here know what it is, or where to get one other then junk yard, keeps bottom of mount from moving...

hdumpty

Re: 93 Taurus front motor mount

Post by hdumpty » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:53 am

I had to have stabilizer bar bushings replaced, since the car was jacked up dicided to see what ruber thing mech was talking about,,,there was a cracked front lower subframe bushing, the mech never showed me the part that was bad, so it thought it had something to do with motor mounts. sorry about that,,,does any one here know how the step on removing and replaceing front lower subframe bushing...

hdumpty

front lower subframe bushings

Post by hdumpty » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:57 am

was not motor mounts, the front lower subframe bushing is cracked,,,does any one on here know step by step removal and replace. on 93 ford Taurus lx wagon