If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

87 Not starting, power on and off.

hazy3540
Vehicle: 87 merc Sable

87 Not starting, power on and off.

Post by hazy3540 » Fri May 12, 2017 7:53 pm

Hi, I hope the experts in this forum can help me with my 87’ Mercury Sable. My odyssey started a few months ago, trying to start it I got nothing except I did hear a loud click from the left side of the engine. The power would completely cut out, to come back on after about a minute waiting. I did this about 5 times, with the same result. On the next time it fired up and seemed normal. I figure it was the solenoid so I swapped that out and it seemed to fix things, a few weeks later, same thing, click and all. I changed a little circuit breaker attached to the positive side of the solenoid, 12V – 20 A, seem to fix things. Today, same thing, but I noticed a few odd things, odd to me anyways. When I open and close the driver’s door, the power comes back right away although it still won’t start. Also, there is no power to the radio? I know that there’s a simple answer and I hope you fine folks can show me the way. Thanks.