If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to help support FordTaurus.net!

Question of Interceptor options.

Timeisaflatcircle

Question of Interceptor options.

Postby Timeisaflatcircle » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:58 pm

I've been looking for a black Ecoboost Interceptor that is clean and not used as a regular patrol car where the random drunk or meth head was thrown in the back.
I know I might be asking a lot there, but I'm slowly learning a bit about what to look out for.

I see a Interceptors with either cloth or vinyl back seats, what roles were the cloths back seats usually ordered for? I know the regular Taurus with full cloth could be used for admins, but I really want to know more about the Ecoboosts and how departments used them and what to look out for and look for.

Did the back up camera and side mirror traffic sensors become more popular on models after 2013?
I rarely ever see any Ecoboosts younger than a 2013, but find many 3.5s with the back up camera and lots of options.

I know many cars are painted black or white, is there anything to look for to make sure I'm not looking at a standard marked car that was painted?

Thanks! looking forward to one posting my new car here, once I find her.

Mike B
Vehicle: 2014 Ford PI Sedan EcoBoost

Re: Question of Interceptor options.

Postby Mike B » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:52 pm

There was no ecoboosts younger than a 13. In fact, there was no 2012 models ( unless they were demo - pre production units ). The Taurus Police sedan started in the 2013 model year. It also had the Ecoboost right from the start ( where the Utility took until the 2015 model year to get this option I believe ).

As for the backseats - the standard back seat was vinal with no carpet. The cloth back seat was a separate dealer option, as well as the carpet. ( so you can have a cloth backseat and no carpet, or carpet and cloth backseat ). Unlike the CVPI, there is no upgraded velour interior, just a full carpet and cloth standard seats is all you get. ( oh, you can get a center console as well, but that comes in another package ).

Finding an ecoboost Police sedan that was never in police service with low miles and all the bells and whistles ( like backup cam, SYNC, etc ) is going to be VERY hard to come by. The Ecboost sedans themselves are rare as it is ( Chicago motors has one and Asia Motors has one, both with high miles and no other options ). Best bet is to keep checking dealers / ebay etc. for one that was damaged and repaired that a department had to let go of early.

Timeisaflatcircle

Postby Timeisaflatcircle » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:56 pm

Hi Mike,
Thanks for responding.
I'm looking for an Ecoboost that maybe was used undercover or another detail that generally didn't have lots of bodily fluids left in it.

But yeah this is proving a bit hard to find ANY Ecoboost that hasn't been a marked unit or some salvage history.

Mike B

Postby Mike B » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:57 pm

Also, UA / WT is the Ford code for black and white. You want a paint code of just UA. As for the backup camera and BLIS becoming more popular after 2013 ? No idea. I don't think so if anything the BLIS is not a common order item on any police sedan out there ( I think there is ONE on eBay that has that option ). Keep in mind, during the 2016 model year, the reverse camera became standard on the Sedan anyway, and I do find that most sedans came with that option ordered by the PD.

Mike B

Postby Mike B » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:00 pm

Give it time, one will eventually come up as a retired unit at some point ( gonna have to wait awhile unfourtnally ). I was SUPER lucky and found exactly what you were looking for ( a never in police service Ecoboost sedan with almost every factory option ). I found it at a Ford dealer in South Carolina for $21K. It only had 30,000 miles, and was SUPER mint. Was ordered by a constable for his personal car, he went to the dealer and ordered the car himself with every option, and just drove it around for his own vehicle. Guy was over 60 years old and was garage kept lol ) Just have to keep looking.

seandevero
Vehicle: 2013 Ford Police Sedan

Postby seandevero » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:34 pm

They appear every so rarely, i drove 5 hours one way just to pick a a 2013 that had sync. Sync is another option that is hard to come by in police interceptors.

Return to “Ford Police Interceptor 2013-newer”