If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Enable Backup Camera from Mirror to on radio screen

2L8iWON
Vehicle: 2013 Ford PI Sedan

Enable Backup Camera from Mirror to on radio screen

Post by 2L8iWON » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:04 pm

Hey guys, I am wondering. Is there a way to activate the backup camera on the Radio Screen Below and not on the rear view mirror?

I already have the factory rear view mirror with the built in screen but I am replacing it with a new mirror that has a screen in it for the dash camera and in car rear seating camera so I will no longer be able to use the backup camera. So that being said, I am wondering if there is a way to enable it on the radio?

I can enable the rearview mirror to activate when the car is in reverse and take the backup camera feed but I do not know the wiring pinout for the backup camera to allow me the RCA feed for the new rearview mirror.

Thanks again.

Mike B
Vehicle: 2014 Ford PI Sedan EcoBoost

Re: Enable Backup Camera from Mirror to on radio screen

Post by Mike B » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:36 pm

Good question, I know there is a website that tells you how to do this. I know in the Utility the camera came in the dash standard after like the 2016 model year. Anyone know if the camera in the Sedan came from the factory in the dash during any model year ?

crownedking

Re: Enable Backup Camera from Mirror to on radio screen

Post by crownedking » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:07 pm

you would need to route the wires to the APIM from the mirror and enable to bits to the APIM, but it could be done.
DON'T buy from paid PI mod sites, stay away from dealer programming! message me for help or questions.

"If you believe you can figure it out on your own then by all means do feel free to do so. I have nothing against people who want to do it on their own. I am not aware of anyone else that has done it though." - jmr061