If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to help support FordTaurus.net!

New owner of 2013 police interceptor, questions...

rednekotaku
Vehicle: 2013 police sedan

New owner of 2013 police interceptor, questions...

Postby rednekotaku » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:45 pm

Hello, recently i picked up a 2013 ecoboost police interceptor. The car is not building any boost and I am unsure why. So far I have checked codes and there are none active (not even an underboost code), I've opened up the charge piping near the top of the engine to check for oil leaks, checked the wastegates from the top and have not found anything. I was wondering if anyone might have a suggestion before I start taking everything apart to get to the turbos. Thanks.

Timeisaflatcircle

Re: New owner of 2013 police interceptor, questions...

Postby Timeisaflatcircle » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:20 pm

Congrats, I can't answer your question, but I'm looking for the same. Please keep us informed on your progress. Looking forward to hearing more about your experiences.
btw, how did you buy? at auction or retail? was there any accidents or damage? overall how is it?
take care and thank you!

TerryY
Vehicle: 2013 Police Interceptop Sedan

Postby TerryY » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:12 pm

How are you measuring boost?
My 2013 measures 11/12 max on Torque but seems to very seldom be on boost unless pushing hard into the higher rpms.

TerryY
Vehicle: 2013 Police Interceptop Sedan

Postby TerryY » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:16 pm

rednekotaku

Postby rednekotaku » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:40 pm

Timeisaflatcircle wrote:Congrats, I can't answer your question, but I'm looking for the same. Please keep us informed on your progress. Looking forward to hearing more about your experiences.
btw, how did you buy? at auction or retail? was there any accidents or damage? overall how is it?
take care and thank you!

I bought it off Craigslist after eyeing it for 6 months and kept watching the seller drop the price until I finally bit. I don't know if there was any accidents the body has quite a few minor dings and some scratches that need to be buffed but overall I was impressed by how clean it was.

rednekotaku

Postby rednekotaku » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:48 pm

TerryY wrote:How are you measuring boost?
My 2013 measures 11/12 max on Torque but seems to very seldom be on boost unless pushing hard into the higher rpms.

Well originally I was going off of the butt dyno and thought it was slow when I test drove it, but there was no lights or codes going off besides the airbag light (which only turned out to be the passenger seat being unplugged). Anyhow I went ahead and purchased it thinking it was something minor and bought a boost gauge and installed it to make sure that I was indeed getting boost. As it turned out the gauge doesn't move no matter how hard I press the throttle. The only other odd thing i found when i was tinkering with the car was a device plugged into the OBD port that said "fuelmaster" and it ran to a box that looked like a data logger. I removed that system and am not getting better results.

Timeisaflatcircle

Postby Timeisaflatcircle » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:10 pm

rednekotaku wrote:I bought it off Craigslist after eyeing it for 6 months and kept watching the seller drop the price until I finally bit. I don't know if there was any accidents the body has quite a few minor dings and some scratches that need to be buffed but overall I was impressed by how clean it was.

Nice! looking forward to the pics!

rednekotaku

Postby rednekotaku » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:03 pm

rednekotaku

Postby rednekotaku » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:46 pm

An update since it has been a while. Alright so, it turned out that the rear turbo was locked up, so I went to a local junkyard and picked up a used one. Car ran amazing for about 2 weeks then I stopped getting boost again. And performed an autopsy on the old turbo to determine the root cause. Turns out there was chunks of metal in that turbo. Pulled the newer one out, same thing. Next thing to check was the exhaust manifold. For whatever reason the exhaust manifold on tjis car was not cast, but some cheap metal that was falling apart. I found a proper cast manifold and bought another turbo just to be completely safe. Everytjing has run great since. Im wondering if anyone knows what the deal is with this disasterous build quality on the manifold. There is a part number stamped onto it ,but googling it turns up nothing. Will attach pictures so that you can see what im talking about.

rednekotaku

Postby rednekotaku » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:55 pm

ricerockets
Vehicle: 2013 Taurus

Postby ricerockets » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:06 pm

That's odd! It's definitely not a manifold from a non-turbo, because those have the catalytic converter attached to it.

I found this one on ebay from a flex that doesn't look cast like your new one... is it possible that some are made of regular steel and rust out... I don't know...

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/PASSENGER-RIGHT- ... wX&vxp=mtr

Return to “Ford Police Interceptor 2013-newer”