If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

New seats from SHO into Interceptor

Timeisaflatcircle

New seats from SHO into Interceptor

Post by Timeisaflatcircle » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:34 pm

Hi!

Has anyone done this? Is it possible? Looking to replace the front and rear seats from a same year SHO to another Interceptor.
Many thanks!

cyg
Vehicle: 2013 Ford PI Sedan wh EcoBoost

Re: New seats from SHO into Interceptor

Post by cyg » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:45 pm

I have considered this as well. In theory, they should fit perfectly. The other question is whether the heated/cooling options for SHO seats could be made to work.

Timeisaflatcircle

Post by Timeisaflatcircle » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:55 pm

My wife is extremely sensitive...The only way she would accept my craziness is to do this...:)

mope
Vehicle: 2013 Interceptor

Post by mope » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:23 pm

Yes, I've done it......I have to get around to posting up the pics and process.
It's not easy and not for the impatient. For mine, I had to remove all of the SRS systems from the civi seats and swap in the interceptor parts, remove the wiring harness and sensors from the civi seat and then rewire the main harness from the interceptor seats. You'll also need to bypass the memory module if your donor seats have that option (mine did and I bypassed, don't listen to what you see on all the seat swap posts for memory module seats!).

The rears were much easier......foam cutting and hog rings mostly, but I welded in the hinge pivots for the folding 60/40 on the upper back seat.

My donors weren't heated/cooled (which i believe is set via the entertainment system, right?)......I installed aftermarket heated seat elements and routed the switches to the shifter delete in the center console.

I really should make some time to chronicle that swap - it should help others contemplating the change.
Last edited by mope on Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mope

Post by mope » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:28 pm

cyg wrote:I have considered this as well. In theory, they should fit perfectly. The other question is whether the heated/cooling options for SHO seats could be made to work.

They physically 'fit' perfectly, of course.......it's the making them work part that's a bit more work :lol:

trife86
Vehicle: 2013 PI Sedan

Post by trife86 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:13 pm

I asssume than leather seats from say a SEL should be plug and play (non heated)? Those have the seat control on the side of the seat like the interceptors? please let me know if anyone got some info on this?

mope

Post by mope » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:47 pm

No, unfortunately not. Although I wonder if maybe my civilian seats weren't ACTUALLY from a 2013 as advertised?

The restraint pre-tensioners, passenger seat airbag sensor, and power seat wiring are all different - also, the civilian seats incorporate a handful of modules that either are not included in the PI or must be relocated elsewhere. To get around this, you must use the wiring harness from the PI and add to it any circuits employed in your seat that do not exist in your original PI harness.
I contemplated just removing the seat covers from both seats and installing leather on my PI seats, but I wanted the benefits of 10 way adjustability, heated seats (aftermarket, but needed here in N. ILL), and power passenger seat for comfort.

If you're patient, willing to de-pin and re-pin the wiring harnesses and have even a beginners understanding of electrical wiring, it's not an awful job.......but it would take a couple days.
Lots of Ford forum stuff about locating non-memory driver seats, but that's no more difficult than the rest of the changes needed for the swap so don't let that discourage. Starting with the passenger seat is smart though.

Despized
Vehicle: 2014 Taurus PI

Post by Despized » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:30 pm

Mope any considerations on the documentation of the process?

I found a full set of SHO seats for 700$ 2014 model. That I was debating on jumping on to put into my 2014 PI.

Soda_can_dan
Vehicle: 2015 FORD TAURUS POLICE INTCPR

Post by Soda_can_dan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:42 pm

So seats from a 2017 SEL -
“Ford Taurus (Sedan) 2013-2017 (bucket), (air bag), L + R., leather, (elec), 6 way”

Won’t just plug and play? I figured I would have to play with the wiring of the passenger plug, but I figured the driver seat would plug in and work fine.

Soda_can_dan

Post by Soda_can_dan » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:36 pm

I just swapped mine and they work - no re wiring needed. Plug and play and have 6 way power seats on both sides. I don’t want the heated seats, but I’m assuming if I did I would need to modify the harness some what.

mope

Post by mope » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:45 pm

looks like ive missed a bunch!

i can talk a person through the gist of the swap and have a couple pics of the last bit of the puzzle. the last guy i talked thru it was supposed to document and post the step by step process since he wanted yo compensate me......it doesnt look like that happened.

dan, you didnt have a memory module on that driver, then?

Soda_can_dan

Post by Soda_can_dan » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:23 am

No. I picked up a set that was 6 way power for both seats, heated seats and everything else was manual. I don’t know why, but the seats had the airbag removed. Strange considering they came out of a brand new car with 1 mile on it. Luckily the airbags from my interceptor were a direct fit and plugged right in. What a steal though only $299. Now I just neeed to locate a rear seat in good condition to match.

penelhum
Vehicle: 2013 PI

Post by penelhum » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:55 pm

Soda_can_dan wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:36 pm
I just swapped mine and they work - no re wiring needed. Plug and play and have 6 way power seats on both sides. I don’t want the heated seats, but I’m assuming if I did I would need to modify the harness some what.
what vehicle did they come out of, and what vehicle did they go into? thanks, glad it worked out.

Soda_can_dan

Post by Soda_can_dan » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:22 pm

They were removed from a 2017 Taurus. Installed in my 2015 Interceptor.

penelhum
Vehicle: 2013 PI

Post by penelhum » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:26 pm

do we know whether the seats are interchangeable between civilian/intercepter 13-17 models?
i have a 13 and would like to swap seats, not sure what models im limited to