If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

A/c went out :/

mrpurplehawk

A/c went out :/

Post by mrpurplehawk » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:25 pm

I own a 2005 Montego, A/C randomly stopped cooling the other day. No previous issues while I have had it, I bought the car used a year ago so before that anything could of happened. When the A/C is turned on I hear an audible click from the front of the car, and a slight hissing noise that can't be heard under the hood but sounds from the inside like its coming from inside the middle of the dash. No noticable leaking at all, just hissing and and does not cool at at all. Any ideas? Thought?

Stalker34
Vehicle: 2003 Ford Taurus ses

Re: A/c went out :/

Post by Stalker34 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:39 am

You may have a leak in the dash where the evaporator sits if there's a leak there and I'm assuming that's what the hiss is it maybe that there is freon leaking out of it from bad seals

The Bone

Re: A/c went out :/

Post by The Bone » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:19 am

it's a vacuum leak. Freon doesn't stop and start leaking. When it goes it keeps leaking till it's all gone. If you compressor starts and stop than it is out of Freon. The compressor will start but if the Freon is gone it will shut off the compressor because of the low pressure switch. Hissing is a vacuum line that is leaking i bet.