If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Door panels on front doors coming loose

rowellkd

Door panels on front doors coming loose

Post by rowellkd » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:10 pm

I had to have the door panel on the outside of the drivers side door replaced (the one where the keyless entry keys are) because it came loose and almost fell off. Now the passenger one is doing the same thing and the drivers side one is loose again. I do not pull on this panel to open the door. This is definately a design flaw :( Has anyone else had this problem?

FordCustomerService

Re: Door panels on front doors coming loose

Post by FordCustomerService » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:55 am

rowellkd wrote:I had to have the door panel on the outside of the drivers side door replaced (the one where the keyless entry keys are) because it came loose and almost fell off. Now the passenger one is doing the same thing and the drivers side one is loose again.
I promise I'm not following you, just letting you know that I'm here. :) PM me your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state and I'll escalate your issues.

~Natasha
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordServiceImage@FordTaurusImage@Ford
f: Imagefacebook.com/Ford

egreysmom

Post by egreysmom » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:32 pm

On my 2011 Taurus SEL I've had the black plastic panel on the driver's door (where the buttons are for keyless entry) replaced twice already, and the chrome trim around the front passenger window has been also been replaced twice already. These cars are made very poorly as these pieces are simply glued on.

ljeffers

Post by ljeffers » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:45 pm

I have just started having this issue, I am just going to use 2 sided tape to fix.

rowellkd

Post by rowellkd » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:22 am

That is Fords idea of a fix and it doesn't work. I have had both mine done and they still come loose!

Hawkeyetailgate

Post by Hawkeyetailgate » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:47 pm

This same panel came loose on my 2011 as well and so I tried to put some new tape on. Once I went to put it back on, I noticed that the piece is just too wide at the top and hits on the other pillar trim when you close the door. I start to pull it back and it snapped in two.....bye bye to any chance of a warranty claim for not fitting in first place. For those that had it fixed, did they have to take off any door trim? Looks like the part will have the wiring but it goes into the door.

slowthorp

Post by slowthorp » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:07 pm

Mine came off while driving and broke at the top corner. I'm trying to figure out how to get it off, but I don't have an allen key small enough to remove the keyless entry module.....

dconklin

Post by dconklin » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:35 pm

2015 Taurus limited, Mine is just loose on the drivers side at the top. Looking for the best fix option. I'm out of warranty now at 36,200 miles

apial

Post by apial » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:07 am

Known issue, double sided tape was working fine for most people. If it has to be replaced, number is:
CG1Z5420555CA around 150$

The work involved to change it is pretty high :(
Sascha
Ford-Retrofit.com
Contact me for any kind of retrofits e.G to add NAV to your MFT(SYNC2)

kaptainkriz

Post by kaptainkriz » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:57 pm

I've used a couple dabs of 3M silicone to hold them in place...tenuous enough to hold my boat windows in plave so figured it would be good for this. So far so good. Tape did not work for me.

Kherard
Vehicle: 2015 Ford Taurus Limited

Post by Kherard » Sat May 20, 2017 4:40 pm

Both frint doors have this issue! Anyone find a fix?

rad
Vehicle: 2011 taurus sel

Post by rad » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:57 pm

Purchased my 2011 taurus in 2013. The dealer had to "glue" the panel on at my request when I bought the car. It was loose at two years. Came loose a couple years later at the top and I mixed up some epoxy I had laying around and shoved it in the crack and it held for three years. Now came off completely, duct tape holds it well, but looks terrible. I'll try the epoxy again.

rad

Nells98vic
Vehicle: 2006 Ford Crown Victoria P71

Post by Nells98vic » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:38 pm

Funny thing is, we found a nice one at a junk yard, and it was IMPOSSIBLE to get the thing off the car! When it finally gave way, it broke, leaving part of it still on the car!

Go figure...