If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

2008 Ford Taurus Sel hard shifting does the fixes last?

Nash
Vehicle: 2008 Ford Taurus Limited

Re: 2008 Ford Taurus Sel hard shifting does the fixes last?

Post by Nash » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:18 am

Hello
I'm a new Ford owner and was hoping you guys could give me some advice. I have a 2008 Ford Taurus Limited 3.5L w/166k miles that I just purchased from a private owner. It drove fine w/nothing notably wrong(it was an hour drive), then 2 days later my wife was driving it and about 20 minutes into her drive she said the speedometer dropped down to 0 and the gas light came on, the gas gauge read full tank which should have been true since we just filled it. The little wrench light came on as well. She then proceeded to drive for another 20 minutes and when she tried to take off from a stop light she heard a loud clunk and the car wouldn't go forward unless she pressed the gas pedal all the way to the floor and then the car would just creep forward. She pulled it into a parking lot and said reverse worked but none of the forward gears would. I had her let it set for 10 minutes and disconnect the battery for a few minutes. When she reconnected the battery everything was working again. Is there something I should look at to replace or is this a transmission going bad? I also read that the transmission should be changed every 30K and since I'm not sure when it was done I will do that right away. Sorry so long but wanted to make sure you had all details. Thanks for any help you can provide.

BILLinVegas
Vehicle: 2008 Taurus X SEL

Re: 2008 Ford Taurus Sel hard shifting does the fixes last?

Post by BILLinVegas » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:03 pm

Please check this rather long thread:
viewtopic.php?t=15703
And welcome to my nightmare.