If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Center Console gear plate

blank77
Vehicle: 2014 PI

Center Console gear plate

Post by blank77 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:48 pm

I put in the center console and replaced the radio with the giant screened all in one. It was nice because I don't need to worry about the plate below the A/C controls, but I do have a hole where the shifter is - Anyone have an idea on this? I have made my own foam cover temporarily but would like to do something functional with the hole. Thoughts?

nate12387
Vehicle: 2016 ford taurus police interc

Re: Center Console gear plate

Post by nate12387 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:29 pm

blank77 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:48 pm
I put in the center console and replaced the radio with the giant screened all in one. It was nice because I don't need to worry about the plate below the A/C controls, but I do have a hole where the shifter is - Anyone have an idea on this? I have made my own foam cover temporarily but would like to do something functional with the hole. Thoughts?
I had Columbus Car Audio here in Columbus, OH fabricate me something to plug the hole. Right now it is just blank. In the future, I might add some accessories that have external buttons or switches, like aftermarket seat warmers or a radar detector, but right now I'm just leaving it blank. You could also put a wireless charger there and charge your phone.

Lpowilliams
Vehicle: 2013 Taurus PI AWD 3.5

Post by Lpowilliams » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:36 pm

blank77 wrote:
I took a piece of hard plastic and cut it to fit under the trim. Painted all of it black. looks good for temp.
Right now im working on making a wireless sticky charging pad for my phone. Trying to make it look stock so i can just lay my phone there and it charge and it wont slide when i bend them curves.
Ill post when finished.

Lpowilliams
Vehicle: 2013 Taurus PI AWD 3.5

Post by Lpowilliams » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:38 pm

blank77 wrote:
Please post pics of the radio. And a link where you got it im very interested in this. Do your steering controls still work?