If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

radiator fan problems

windswept4

Re: radiator fan problems

Post by windswept4 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:59 am

Corrupt: Which pins did you jump? I want to try the same thing on mine.

windswept4

Post by windswept4 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:11 am

Corrupt: P0401 (EGR insufficient flow). It means that no or too little exhaust gases are being recycled to be mixed with fresh air being drawn into the intake manifold. Without that extra "mass" of recyled exhaust, the fresh air/fuel mix will be richer than it otherwise would have been. The EGR, when it allows exhaust into the intake manifold, is essentially leaning up the intake air/fuel mix. So i guess the answer to your question is: "yes" insufficient exhaust flow through the EGR into the intake manifold can cause the engine to run richer.

I'm getting some good info together on the PO401 and PO402 (EGR flow insufficient and excessive, respectively) codes on the fords. For a start on solving the PO401 please see this link:

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/82-main ... atech.html

There is much more to discuss regarding the Differential Pressure Sensor (DPFE) the EGR vacuum actuator and the EGR valve iself as well as the vacuum lines connecting these components and the voltage output of the DPFE and the EGR vacuum actuator. I have more info if you need it.

kevo02

Post by kevo02 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:35 am

What if a/c is not working as well?

bernmerq

Post by bernmerq » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:55 pm

RStabb wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:41 pm
OK, the next step is to check for codes in the PCM. Do a KOEO and KOER self test.

If you get a pass, try disconnecting or jumping the CTS pins and see if the fan runs.

If the fans don't run, you need a fan controller.

bernmerq

Post by bernmerq » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:57 am

I got a schematic called radiator hose installation,includes part numbers realĺy a
great help tf.