If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Do CDs jam in the Radio? and...?

Gibeyerson

Do CDs jam in the Radio? and...?

Post by Gibeyerson » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:59 pm

While doing research for an aux input, I read that pc recorded CDs are not recomended and they sometimes jam in the 6 CD unit? Anyone have experience with this?

I think adding an aux input to the stereo may be the first thing I do to our 07 SEL. So far I think this might be a good choice. I did read a write up on here that was helpful. Anyone care to comment or suggest another brand or model?

http://blitzsafe.com/catalog/ford/ford- ... od_59.html

Thanks in advance,

Double G

Re: Do CDs jam in the Radio? and...?

Post by Double G » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:24 pm

I have used a 30 or 40 different home burnt cd's in my 6-cd radio mostly mp3's with no issues.

fuzzy164

Post by fuzzy164 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:00 am

I've used a lot of home burnt CD's in my 6 CD changer with no problems it does how ever from time to time have problems reading the CD but that could be the way I burn them. :D

FordFrankenstein

Post by FordFrankenstein » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:49 pm

I had this problem with my 05 just take the CDs out before you turn the radio off :D

Chris_W

Post by Chris_W » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:48 am

Some of the cheaper "house" brands are recognized as cds but will not play and will not eject. This is because the head moves to a safe place on the disc, which is not the eject position.

Do not take the car to a dealer like I asked them to do during a service or they will charge you. Find and temporarily pull the fuse for the radio. When you plug it back in, the heads go home and you will be ale to eject as normal.

By the way, this also works with most other cars.