If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Odd problem with power mirrors

Discuss anything else about the car
Butterdog

Odd problem with power mirrors

Post by Butterdog » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:28 pm

I have a 2005 500 Limited with around 60,000 miles. I notice that when I double click the fob (unlock all doors) my drivers side mirror moves all the way to one side or the other. It has happened a couple of time on the single unlock as well.

Any ideas?

05-Montego

Re: Odd problem with power mirrors

Post by 05-Montego » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:12 pm

Do you have the seat/mirror/pedal presets on your car? The controls are just below the driver's side window and above the controls for the window. This feature allows up to 2 drivers to program in what position they want for the mirrors, power seat, and pedals. Any time the car is unlocked it will automatically go to that preset position and you might see the seats, mirrors, or pedals moving.
2005 Mercury Montego Premier

sbcstang

Post by sbcstang » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:40 am

My 2006 500 Limited has the same issue.
I have 2 key fobs. The first one programmed is assigned #1 and will return the mirrors and seat to Preset 1.
The 2nd fob programmed is assigned #2 and will use the 2nd seat preset.

I've made both presets the same since I'm usually the only one driving my car and I still will get the driver's side mirror goes all the way down. Doesn't happen every time though. I've just learned to live with this quirk.

Chris
2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited (DV) 163k and counting...

Butterdog

Post by Butterdog » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:23 pm

Finally solved the problem. It was the power seat control module, which unfortunately wasn't covered in my extended warranty.