If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

First test ride

Jake_Blues
Vehicle: 2013 Police Interceptor Sedan

Re: First test ride

Post by Jake_Blues » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:34 pm

Soda_can_dan wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:32 pm
I’m considering selling mine for the right price. 2015 3.7 awd 37k full leather and civilian console
wow - if only you'd posted this 2 weeks earlier!

any details on how you sourced the leather seats?

Front seats seem easy, the rear seats will need some mods if i don't remove the police crash protection, correct?

I've located a nice donor car at a local junkyard for the seats and console - thinking about making them an offer and having them install the seats and console.

just curious - there isn't a way to add AC/Heating vents for the rear is there with the civilian console?

Soda_can_dan
Vehicle: 2015 FORD TAURUS POLICE INTCPR

Post by Soda_can_dan » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:27 pm

Jake_Blues wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:34 pm
Soda_can_dan wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:32 pm
I’m considering selling mine for the right price. 2015 3.7 awd 37k full leather and civilian console
wow - if only you'd posted this 2 weeks earlier!

any details on how you sourced the leather seats?

Front seats seem easy, the rear seats will need some mods if i don't remove the police crash protection, correct?

I've located a nice donor car at a local junkyard for the seats and console - thinking about making them an offer and having them install the seats and console.

just curious - there isn't a way to add AC/Heating vents for the rear is there with the civilian console?

I actually found the front seats on eBay. They were out of a Taurus with 1500 miles. I found the rear seats out of another low mileage Taurus in excellent condition on eBay as well.

You would either need to remove that bar like I did, or cut out the foam on the rear seat bottom to make the seat fit over the bar.

As far as the ac for the rear seats. It’s very simple. When installing the center console there is a duct that is capped off under the panel where your 12v outlets are. Take off that panel, then remove the cap. The center console out of a civilian Taurus has a duct in it that will connect to the duct that was capped off with no modifications needed.

Jake_Blues
Vehicle: 2013 Police Interceptor Sedan

Post by Jake_Blues » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:06 am

Soda_can_dan wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:27 pm
You would either need to remove that bar like I did, or cut out the foam on the rear seat bottom to make the seat fit over the bar.

As far as the ac for the rear seats. It’s very simple. When installing the center console there is a duct that is capped off under the panel where your 12v outlets are. Take off that panel, then remove the cap. The center console out of a civilian Taurus has a duct in it that will connect to the duct that was capped off with no modifications needed.
thanks for the tips!

depending on what the guys at the salvage yard want - i may do the work myself, especially cutting up the back seat - altho I am wondering how expensive it would be to have my machinist make some rear supports that aren't quite so tall so i don't have to cut out as much foam...hmmm...