If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Engine mount shot

Discuss anything related to the engine, electronics, transmission, etc.
Vexorg

Re: Engine mount shot

Post by Vexorg » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:33 am

This post inpired a trip to the Garage to see how mine was looking... Still alive, but there's some stress marks on the rubber. Good to know... if I still have another year of Ford EWP that will handle it for my 100$ deductible if it proves an issue. 5$ says there's an aftermarket alternative on the way if it's not here now.

Torbar

Post by Torbar » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:43 pm

tauri wrote:i met a nice women in mickey d parking lot and got talking ford500/ montego ,and she said at 125k she never had top engine mount replaced {her son is a certified ford mech and does all of her work} i have one put in every 3rd oil change :roll: she said i just got a lemon. so, has anyone gone 125k in a 06 without a new top mount?
I'm at 108k on an 05 with no replacement
Silver 2005 Ford Five Hundred SE, 92k Miles(bought Oct 2008), Pioneer DEH-P5000UB, Kenwood 1000watt amp, 2 12" MTX Jackhammer subwoofers

waynertucker

Post by waynertucker » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:51 pm

My family has three five hundreds.
05 limited AWD with the cvt tranny 104000 miles, 05 limited FWD with the six speed 73000 miles, and an 06 limited AWD with the cvt 78000 miles.
On the 05 AWD, the roll bushing was not completely done in, but was cracked very badly.
After replacing the bushing with the volvo bushing, upon test driving, I noticed a harmonic imbalance at around 3200 rpm, upon returning to the house and inspecting the bushing and mount, I noticed the sides of the mounting bracket were touching the sides and not the center of the new bushing. I added a shim, 3/8" flat washer, to both sides between the bushing and bracket. The harmonic imbalance went away.
When cutting away the unwanted metal center on the second bushing for the 06 AWD, I left 1/8" outside of being flush on both sides.
Point being, do not cut flush, leave a little on both sides so the bracket does not come in contact with the sides of the bushing. other than that, spot on for the repair.
Wayne R Tucker
05 500 Merlot Clearcoat Metalic Limited AWD with black interior
06 500 Black Clearcoat Limited AWD With tan interior

warment

Post by warment » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:47 am

I cut more metal than needed (so the metal part of the bushing wasn't flush with the mount), but my bushing was shifting to the side and making contact...making an annoying noise. I drilled some holes on the outer perimeter of the round mount that the bushing goes into, and through the bushing itself. I used a few screws through these holes and the bushing hasn't shifted since.
2005 Ford Five Hundred SE
6-spd auto

Torbar

Post by Torbar » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:22 pm

Well, looks like I jinxed it. just did an oil change(last one was at 104ish), checked the brushing, and it's starting to crack. Ordering the volvo one and I'll do the repair in a couple of weeks
Silver 2005 Ford Five Hundred SE, 92k Miles(bought Oct 2008), Pioneer DEH-P5000UB, Kenwood 1000watt amp, 2 12" MTX Jackhammer subwoofers

MtBAR

Post by MtBAR » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:53 pm

ScrillaNation, you said;
I had problems with the throttle and to this day they still dont know why my vehicle rpms rev every time I change to drive or reverse. Filed a lemon law claim and won. just be prepared to pay $200.00 if you dont have a warranty.[/quote]

We have this same "rpms rev" issue. Please tell us what you know and what you've been through.

And thanks folks for the engine mount info. We had done a fix with some solid rubber blocks but look forward to making the change with the Volvo part I just ordered.

Thank you

gh

Post by gh » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:36 pm

I'm a bit late to the party, but...

Perhaps there are no more 5F9Z-6F055-CA parts floating around, but just in case there are... has anyone seen/compared that to the 5F9Z-6F055-CB variety and found them to be visually distinguishable?

MtBAR

Post by MtBAR » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:28 am

I wish I could remember the numbers exactly but cannot - at any rate- we once had a part in our hand that seem to have all the numbers right except one. Upon close examination we determined the part most likely would not work. It looked like it might bolt to the right spot and that the top end might line up with the other bracket as needed, however, it had a curvature to it that we were concerned would interfere with hoses and/or other brackets. As you can see, there is a lot of work to it just to find out that it doesn't work.

Yesterday we installed the Volvo part that was recommended at this site. We believe it will work fine. A couple install notes:
Removal of the existing rubber needs to be enough to allow you to get the new piece in place but not so much as to make the new piece loose. Too much rubber left in not only makes it difficult to insert the new piece but will offset the hole the bolt goes through making it more difficult to re-install the bolt.
We used two C-clamps to work the new piece in.

ttw

Post by ttw » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:29 pm

Read this post a week ago and went to check mine and WOW it was in bad shape!! Ordered part as recommened and installed mine today,and when i pulled the bolt out the whole center section fell out.... but the new volvo part had two arrows, one on both sides, one up one down. had to come back to the computer to see pics of installed one to see witch way it goes in..
Anyways got it done and when shifting gears no more "hard shifts" Ill keep and eye on it to see if it keeps it up so far Happy as can be...
2006 five hundred se (wifes car)
2002 f150 supercrew lariat (daily driver)
1986 mustang gt convertible (just for fun)

ScrillaNation

Post by ScrillaNation » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:45 pm

MtBAR wrote:ScrillaNation, you said;
I had problems with the throttle and to this day they still dont know why my vehicle rpms rev every time I change to drive or reverse. Filed a lemon law claim and won. just be prepared to pay $200.00 if you dont have a warranty.
We have this same "rpms rev" issue. Please tell us what you know and what you've been through.

And thanks folks for the engine mount info. We had done a fix with some solid rubber blocks but look forward to making the change with the Volvo part I just ordered.

Thank you[/quote]

I found a solution to the problem. The engine doesn't rev anymore. What you are going to have to do is Clean your throttle body and your MFA sensor. I know its a pain but you are going to have to do it after every two-three oil changes "works best in my opinion". My car has better Hp now and doesn't do the revs. I really hope this helps. Make sure you get the CRC brand because it doesnt effect or take that special coating off the throttle body. advance auto and pep boys sell it. Even walmart as well. If you or anyone needs directions on how to do it. Just PM me I'll be checking my inbox more frequent or send me an email at [email protected] which goes directly to my android.

burchj43

Post by burchj43 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:30 pm

I tell you what I did was I went to harbor freight and picked up a cart wheel and grinder to the size of the rubber piece of the mount and stuck that in there. Haven't had a problem since.
Beautiful 2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited AWD
131,000 miles and going strong.

Empirechris

Post by Empirechris » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:09 am

I have the Ford 500 2005 and my Upper Engine Bushing had also deteriorated. Not being a mechanic I went to Volvo of Toronto found the part and with taxes it was $31.91 Torque Arm Bushing Volvo Part # 9434263.

Not being a mechanic I printed the repair instructions with pictures from this forum and with the Volvo part I took the car to Midas in Mississauga, 2170 Royal Windsor Drive, 905-823-1050 and the manager Mac Fakih had his mechanic do the installation for 183.91 all taxes in.

The car no longer lurches forward when I put the car in forward/reverse and the engine is smooth at low and high speeds with no vibrations or clunks when driving on rough terrain cottage roads. Midas mechanic did put on the recommended clamp.

The other aspect of this story is a GREEN element in that the entire original assembly was saved and reused. Only the bushing was replaced.

The Ford 500 is definitely a keeper and especially for the winter driving I do in Northern Ontario. The car now has 160,000 K and still drives like new now with the new Volvo Bushing.

Thanks to all of you for your posts and pictures that the mechanic used to to do this quick and efficient repair.

k

Post by k » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:09 pm

The top engine is broken. There are two other engine in the bottom of engine seems like need to replace. The total amount of parts are cost more than $600.

Besides, the leakage from A/C compressor. My mechanic told me around $500 to replace.

There is one item connect with spark plugs which seems like not good. I don't know how to call it.
It seems like need to repair.

I guess total cost for my five hundred will be almost $1500-$2000.

Just wonder after spend these money will any other new problems. And how long will new parts last for?

The car is only about 59300 miles.
05 Red Fire SE with 6 speed.
Own since 2/12/06. over 97500 miles. CA-AZ FORD 500.
2014 Passat 1.8t ( most terrible new car: oil leaking from transmission around 30000 miles)

Past: 06 Mazda 6s 215hp (Ford Product),04 mazda6i, 97 Camry, 94 Accord, 86 Pontiac 6000 LE.

k

Post by k » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:56 pm

I spent $795.35 (replacing OEM engine mount front $213 (in the bottom of engine), upper mount $247.00, fuel filter $22. transmission fluid $41.35, the rest are labor charge about $252.50). If your car upper mount need to replace, replacing asap. Otherwise, spending more money on the other mount.
2014 Passat 1.8t ( most terrible new car: oil leaking from transmission around 30000 miles)

Past: 06 Mazda 6s 215hp (Ford Product),04 mazda6i, 97 Camry, 94 Accord, 86 Pontiac 6000 LE.

imnotok

Post by imnotok » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:56 am

This is exactly why I love this forum. I bought an 05 Montego with 60k in October and something didn't feel right when accelerating. So I search through tons of websites looking for answers and then I find this.

I go check my engine this morning and low and behold, the upper mount needs to be replaced. The $300+ problem was just solved for a bit under $20 counting shipping.

Thank you!

k

Post by k » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:39 am

Not only top mounts are expensive. The rest mounts are also expensive. There are total 6 mounts in ford five hundred.

By the way, transmission oil and steering oil must use ford OEM transmission oil.

imnotok

Post by imnotok » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:50 pm

I got it in but it shifted. Can I use glue or rubber cement to keep it stationary?

k

Post by k » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:21 am

imnotok wrote:I got it in but it shifted. Can I use glue or rubber cement to keep it stationary?
Not sure about it. Someone in forum used glue.

That is why I Like OEM product with no problems later on since I did not know how to fix by myself.
The labor was not cheap for fixing engine mount either dealership or my mechanic.

If you used non-OEM parts, you really need to check other mounts joints often since it shifted.

warment

Post by warment » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:54 am

imnotok, are you talking about the volvo replacement bushing replacement of the trans roll resistor bushing? If so, I recomment you do what I did...

"I cut more metal than needed (so the metal part of the bushing wasn't flush with the mount), but my bushing was shifting to the side and making contact...making an annoying noise. I drilled some holes on the outer perimeter of the round mount that the bushing goes into, and through the bushing itself. I used a few screws through these holes and the bushing hasn't shifted since."
2005 Ford Five Hundred SE
6-spd auto

imnotok

Post by imnotok » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:16 am

warment wrote:imnotok, are you talking about the volvo replacement bushing replacement of the trans roll resistor bushing? If so, I recomment you do what I did...

"I cut more metal than needed (so the metal part of the bushing wasn't flush with the mount), but my bushing was shifting to the side and making contact...making an annoying noise. I drilled some holes on the outer perimeter of the round mount that the bushing goes into, and through the bushing itself. I used a few screws through these holes and the bushing hasn't shifted since."

Through the dogbone itself? how long did that take?