If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Wiper Switch Assembly - 88 Taurus - Need help!

Jeney

Wiper Switch Assembly - 88 Taurus - Need help!

Post by Jeney » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:50 pm

I've been trying to get my wipers working - rain and all that. I recently replaced the switch assembly (got it from RockAuto) and when that didn't work, I purchased a new wiper motor: Didn't work. The circuit breaker is working correctly. I was thinking it must be a wiring problem? So I took it in to this shop that I've gone into before and told him to let me know how much it would cost before beginning the job.

I called to ask if they had started, and they'd just finished the job. And had a big ol' bill for me. Anyway, that is beside the point. They told me that the switch assembly that I'd installed was the wrong one and that it may have "blown the module".

So here are my questions:

What is a module?

Is it possible that the part caused damage? It is the right part according to RockAuto and according to the Autozone and Kragen websites.

Is the fact that the new switch assembly doesn't work due to the fact that it does not have the intermittent wiper function?

I'd appreciate any help. I'm sort of in a bind over here.

GT2AV8

Re: Wiper Switch Assembly - 88 Taurus - Need help!

Post by GT2AV8 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:45 am

Sounds like bullshit to me... if it looked the same as the old one and fit, then it was probably right. Ford used the same one on lots of stuff. Odds are that the module was already bad, and was the only problem. Shops are all too often crooked.