If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

AC Issues

arsantiago
Vehicle: 2011 Ford Taurus

AC Issues

Post by arsantiago » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:40 am

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!

I have been having issues with the ac controls in my 2011 Taurus for a while now, but have not had to use the heat so I really didn't think much of it (AC works okay). Now this morning I turned on the heater and the heat only blew through the driver side vents and the passenger side stayed cold.

Also, when I use the AC I can control the driver side temp if I want it colder or warmer, but the passenger controls do not work. The passenger side stays at a cool/cold temperature with no change.

Can this be the actuator door? There's no noise coming from the dash.

mmsstar
Vehicle: 2011 Flex SE

Re: AC Issues

Post by mmsstar » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:08 am

Welcome, I don't know if the Taurus is the same as the Flex but I suspect it is. On the dual temperature system there are 4 door actuators. On the passenger side there is the Air Inlet Mode Door Actuator and the Passenger Temperature Blend Door Actuator. The one on the the blower housing, on the Flex, is the Air Inlet Mode Door Actuator. The Temperature control is the other one on that side and that's the one you are having the problem with. The noise is caused when the plastic gears in the actuator slip, if they are broken or worn enough enough there won't be a noise.

Geronimo
Vehicle: 2011 Ford Taurus Limited

Re: AC Issues

Post by Geronimo » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:13 am

I'm having the same issue. After using the heat on the passenger side for the first time this year, it started the clicking noise but the heat was working. After I replaced the blend door actuator, the noise stopped but now I'm not getting any heat on the passenger side.