If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Ambient lighting resets?

GhostRider
Regular Member
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:34 am
Location: Ohio
Vehicle: 2013 Ford Taurus Limited

Ambient lighting resets?

Post by GhostRider » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:40 am

I noticed lately that my ambient lighting will periodically reset to the default factory blue color, whereas I prefer the red color. Is it normal for it to reset??
2013 Ford Taurus Limited FWD (301A Package)


2011TAURUSSEL
Regular Member
Posts: 973
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 8:41 pm

Re: Ambient lighting resets?

Post by 2011TAURUSSEL » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:46 am

I noticed that in mine too but thought it might have been just me. I use the same combo Red as the primary. I am not sure what causes it to reset but you are not alone.
Present: 2014 Taurus SHO/Ingot Silver/Charcoal

Past F/L/M Products:

2013 Taurus SEL (X2)
2012 ESCAPE LIMITED
2011 TAURUS SEL/202A

1993 Taurus GL
1987 Sable GS
1985Crown Vic
1987 Tempo (X2)
1986 Escort EXP

GhostRider
Regular Member
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:34 am
Location: Ohio
Vehicle: 2013 Ford Taurus Limited

Re: Ambient lighting resets?

Post by GhostRider » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:42 pm

Someone on the F150 forum is complaining it was happening to them too

http://www.f150forum.com/f38/2013-plati ... ts-231563/

Any insight?
2013 Ford Taurus Limited FWD (301A Package)

svenergy
Regular Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:20 pm

Re: Ambient lighting resets?

Post by svenergy » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:50 pm

I have a 2013 sho pp and it does it also thought I was hitting something. I told the dealer and they did a rest still does it...

2011TAURUSSEL
Regular Member
Posts: 973
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 8:41 pm

Re: Ambient lighting resets?

Post by 2011TAURUSSEL » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:49 pm

With the 2013's the ambient lighting menu is embedded in the MFT screen not as a separate button on the console with the 2011 models. Kind of hard to accidentally hit the wrong switch but not unheard of. I have a PM sent to Ford IVT and will advise when reply comes back.
Present: 2014 Taurus SHO/Ingot Silver/Charcoal

Past F/L/M Products:

2013 Taurus SEL (X2)
2012 ESCAPE LIMITED
2011 TAURUS SEL/202A

1993 Taurus GL
1987 Sable GS
1985Crown Vic
1987 Tempo (X2)
1986 Escort EXP

GhostRider
Regular Member
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:34 am
Location: Ohio
Vehicle: 2013 Ford Taurus Limited

Re: Ambient lighting resets?

Post by GhostRider » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:03 pm

2011TAURUSSEL wrote:With the 2013's the ambient lighting menu is embedded in the MFT screen not as a separate button on the console with the 2011 models. Kind of hard to accidentally hit the wrong switch but not unheard of. I have a PM sent to Ford IVT and will advise when reply comes back.
I agree, since its integrated with MFT, I would say, at least for me, impossible to accidentally change it since I seldom go in to the settings to make the adjustment.
2013 Ford Taurus Limited FWD (301A Package)

User avatar
FordIVTteam
Regular Member
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:41 pm
Location: Dearborn, MI
Contact:

Re: Ambient lighting resets?

Post by FordIVTteam » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:26 pm

Hi everyone,

I've been seeing this issue with a few different types of vehicles after the 3.6.2 update. If you're experiencing this and haven't installed 3.6.2 yet, please let me know. Our engineering team is aware of this concern. A dealership visit is required in order to get this taken care of.

Keep in mind that your ambient lighting will change back to the default settings after performing a master reset, which is normal. You should only be concerned if the colors are switching without making changes to the system.

Kim
FORD IN-VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY TEAM

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService

GhostRider
Regular Member
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:34 am
Location: Ohio
Vehicle: 2013 Ford Taurus Limited

Re: Ambient lighting resets?

Post by GhostRider » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:21 pm

FordIVTteam wrote:Hi everyone,

I've been seeing this issue with a few different types of vehicles after the 3.6.2 update. If you're experiencing this and haven't installed 3.6.2 yet, please let me know. Our engineering team is aware of this concern. A dealership visit is required in order to get this taken care of.

Keep in mind that your ambient lighting will change back to the default settings after performing a master reset, which is normal. You should only be concerned if the colors are switching without making changes to the system.

Kim
Thank you for your response. How can I check and see what version I have? I upgraded about a month ago. I am sure it was DA5T-14D544-BD Gen2 - V3.6.2.
Last edited by GhostRider on Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2013 Ford Taurus Limited FWD (301A Package)

User avatar
Boggus
Regular Member
Posts: 460
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:42 pm
Location: TEXAS

Re: Ambient lighting resets?

Post by Boggus » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:20 am

My 2013 does the same thing. I did a master reset the other day, waiting for it to change back to default again. This never happened previous to the upgrade. The right side cluster info screen also reads Please wait now when switching to USB or using sync to find songs. Strange things.
Proud owner of August 2005 Car of The Month
2013 Taurus SHO PP

User avatar
FordIVTteam
Regular Member
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:41 pm
Location: Dearborn, MI
Contact:

Re: Ambient lighting resets?

Post by FordIVTteam » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:09 pm

GhostRider wrote: Thank you for your response. How can I check and see what version I have? I upgraded about a month ago. I am sure it was DA5T-14D544-BD Gen2 - V3.6.2.
Hi GhostRider,

Press the 2 gears at the bottom of your MyFord Touch display > HELP > SYSTEM INFORMATION. The last 5 digits of the CCPU number will be 13171 if you have V3.6.2 installed.

Kim
FORD IN-VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY TEAM

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService

2011TAURUSSEL
Regular Member
Posts: 973
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 8:41 pm

Re: Ambient lighting resets?

Post by 2011TAURUSSEL » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:32 pm

Thanks Kim I just went to "Poseidon" to confirm....I am V3.6.2
Present: 2014 Taurus SHO/Ingot Silver/Charcoal

Past F/L/M Products:

2013 Taurus SEL (X2)
2012 ESCAPE LIMITED
2011 TAURUS SEL/202A

1993 Taurus GL
1987 Sable GS
1985Crown Vic
1987 Tempo (X2)
1986 Escort EXP

jmr061
Regular Member
Posts: 689
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 3:48 pm

Re: Ambient lighting resets?

Post by jmr061 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:19 pm

FordIVTteam wrote:Hi everyone,

I've been seeing this issue with a few different types of vehicles after the 3.6.2 update. If you're experiencing this and haven't installed 3.6.2 yet, please let me know. Our engineering team is aware of this concern. A dealership visit is required in order to get this taken care of.

Keep in mind that your ambient lighting will change back to the default settings after performing a master reset, which is normal. You should only be concerned if the colors are switching without making changes to the system.

Kim
Kim

Can you tell what the dealership does to correct the problem? Just wondering as my VIP and CIP both show I have the current software installed. I noticed SYNC via PTS was down over the last weekend of Oct. and thought an update might be coming but didn't see any. I haven't noticed the ambient light issue with mine but will pay attention now.

For the guys that are having the issue would you be willing to PM me your VIN. I can check the VIP and CIP programming against what is available. I'm just curious :)

Thanks

Jason
Jason
2016 Edge Sport
www.FordPIMods.com
I was looking over your site and wanted to say, thank you for all the info. - CrownedKing 11/2015

User avatar
FordIVTteam
Regular Member
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:41 pm
Location: Dearborn, MI
Contact:

Re: Ambient lighting resets?

Post by FordIVTteam » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:01 pm

jmr061 wrote:
Kim

Can you tell what the dealership does to correct the problem? Just wondering as my VIP and CIP both show I have the current software installed. I noticed SYNC via PTS was down over the last weekend of Oct. and thought an update might be coming but didn't see any. I haven't noticed the ambient light issue with mine but will pay attention now.

For the guys that are having the issue would you be willing to PM me your VIN. I can check the VIP and CIP programming against what is available. I'm just curious :)

Thanks

Jason
Unfortunately I don't have that information, Jason. I suggest reaching out to your dealership with this question.

Kim
FORD IN-VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY TEAM

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService

GhostRider
Regular Member
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:34 am
Location: Ohio
Vehicle: 2013 Ford Taurus Limited

Re: Ambient lighting resets?

Post by GhostRider » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:42 am

FordIVTteam wrote:
GhostRider wrote: Thank you for your response. How can I check and see what version I have? I upgraded about a month ago. I am sure it was DA5T-14D544-BD Gen2 - V3.6.2.
Hi GhostRider,

Press the 2 gears at the bottom of your MyFord Touch display > HELP > SYSTEM INFORMATION. The last 5 digits of the CCPU number will be 13171 if you have V3.6.2 installed.

Kim

Kim, I do have the latest software. Is there a fix coming for the ambient lighting?
2013 Ford Taurus Limited FWD (301A Package)

User avatar
FordIVTteam
Regular Member
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:41 pm
Location: Dearborn, MI
Contact:

Re: Ambient lighting resets?

Post by FordIVTteam » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm

GhostRider wrote:...
Kim, I do have the latest software. Is there a fix coming for the ambient lighting?
Not all vehicles with V3.6.2 installed will have this issue. Press the 2 gears > VEHICLE > AMBIENT LIGHTING; make sure the yellow light next to the power symbol is lit up. If this is turned on, and you're noticing that these settings are not saving, I recommend taking it to your dealership for further testing. I don't have any troubleshooting steps that can be performed from home at this time.

Kim
FORD IN-VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY TEAM

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService

Taurus_0968
Regular Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:03 am

Re: Ambient lighting resets?

Post by Taurus_0968 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:01 pm

I have noticed that mine goes back to the original "default" color everytime i turn the car off.... But when i start it back up it changes back to the color i changed it to from the default color!!!

GhostRider
Regular Member
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:34 am
Location: Ohio
Vehicle: 2013 Ford Taurus Limited

Re: Ambient lighting resets?

Post by GhostRider » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:53 pm

Taurus_0968 wrote:I have noticed that mine goes back to the original "default" color everytime i turn the car off.... But when i start it back up it changes back to the color i changed it to from the default color!!!
Mine does that too..is that normal?
2013 Ford Taurus Limited FWD (301A Package)

GhostRider
Regular Member
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:34 am
Location: Ohio
Vehicle: 2013 Ford Taurus Limited

Re: Ambient lighting resets?

Post by GhostRider » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:06 pm

GhostRider wrote:
Taurus_0968 wrote:I have noticed that mine goes back to the original "default" color everytime i turn the car off.... But when i start it back up it changes back to the color i changed it to from the default color!!!
Mine does that too..is that normal?
Anyone?


Now that I have had SYNC updated (again) and I selected the red option, I will see what happens.
2013 Ford Taurus Limited FWD (301A Package)

User avatar
FordIVTteam
Regular Member
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:41 pm
Location: Dearborn, MI
Contact:

Re: Ambient lighting resets?

Post by FordIVTteam » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:58 pm

GhostRider wrote:
Taurus_0968 wrote:I have noticed that mine goes back to the original "default" color everytime i turn the car off.... But when i start it back up it changes back to the color i changed it to from the default color!!!
Mine does that too..is that normal?
Hey everyone,

This is not normal. The ambient lighting issue is occurring on some vehicles with V3.6.2 installed. If you notice this happening, you should bring this to the attention of your dealership the next time you're in for service.

Kim
FORD IN-VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY TEAM

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService

GhostRider
Regular Member
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:34 am
Location: Ohio
Vehicle: 2013 Ford Taurus Limited

Re: Ambient lighting resets?

Post by GhostRider » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:38 pm

FordIVTteam wrote:
GhostRider wrote:
Taurus_0968 wrote:I have noticed that mine goes back to the original "default" color everytime i turn the car off.... But when i start it back up it changes back to the color i changed it to from the default color!!!
Mine does that too..is that normal?
Hey everyone,

This is not normal. The ambient lighting issue is occurring on some vehicles with V3.6.2 installed. If you notice this happening, you should bring this to the attention of your dealership the next time you're in for service.

Kim
Kim,
What will they do about it? I just had mine in, they say they did a "master reset" and reinstalled the latest SYNC version and this still occurs where it goes to blue/default color. I figured this was to light up the way as you exit. I would really like it to stay red but as long as the red is on while the vehicle is in motion, it doesnt bother me much.
2013 Ford Taurus Limited FWD (301A Package)

Post Reply