If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Ford Taurus reliability (please sign up)

mkaresh

Re: Ford Taurus reliability (please sign up)

Post by mkaresh » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:23 pm

We've updated our reliability stats for the Taurus to include owner experiences through September 30, 2013.

Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2013 Taurus: 25, low, small sample size
2012 Taurus: 0, low, very small sample size
2011 Taurus: 26, low
2011 Taurus EcoBoost: 78, high, small sample size
2010 Taurus: 72, high
2010 Taurus EcoBoost: 64, moderate, small sample size

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds", to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop:

2010 Taurus: 40, < 1

We'll have further updates later this month and in May. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Ford Taurus reliability ratings and comparisons
https://www.truedelta.com
Price comparisons, quick and thorough
More useful reliability research

Angler406

Post by Angler406 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:14 am

Just signed up - took delivery of my 2014 Taurus SEL FWD on Monday with 5 miles on the odometer!
- 2009 Mini Cooper Clubman S - Wifemobile

The Bone

Post by The Bone » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:58 pm

I have finely replaced all 4 of my taillights because of the chipping chrome.
The shifter handle has been replaced twice because of the chrome on the handle becoming sharp.
The seat cushion had to be repaired because it wasn't right Deysha helped with that.

FordCustomerService

Post by FordCustomerService » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:47 am

Angler406 wrote:Just signed up - took delivery of my 2014 Taurus SEL FWD on Monday with 5 miles on the odometer!
Woo hoo! Welcome and congrats on your new vehicle, Angler406!
The Bone wrote:I have finely replaced all 4 of my taillights because of the chipping chrome.
The shifter handle has been replaced twice because of the chrome on the handle becoming sharp.
The seat cushion had to be repaired because it wasn't right Deysha helped with that.
Great! Thanks for the update, The Bone!

Deysha
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordServiceImage@FordTaurusImage@Ford
f: Imagefacebook.com/Ford

mkaresh

Post by mkaresh » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:00 am

We've updated our reliability stats for the Taurus to include owner experiences through December 31, 2013.

2013 Taurus: 43, moderate
2012 Taurus: 25, low, very small sample size
2011 Taurus: 42, moderate
2010 Taurus: 70, high

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds", to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop:

2011 Taurus: 64, < 1
2010 Taurus: 42, < 1

We'll have further updates in May and in August. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

To see the repairs behind these stats, and to sign up to help improve this information:

jake8080

Post by jake8080 » Sat May 03, 2014 6:16 pm

We just got our Taurus and will post as I get more miles for now we just love this SEL

mkaresh

Post by mkaresh » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:29 am

Our reliability stats for the Taurus now include owner experiences through March 31, 2014, making them nearly a year ahead of other sources.

2013 Taurus: 45, moderate
2011 Taurus: 55, moderate
2010 Taurus: 72, high

2011 Taurus: 66, < 1
2010 Taurus: 46, < 1

Thank you, once again, everyone who has been helping. Next update in August.

For a deeper dive, including the stats for other cars and repair descriptions, and to sign up to help improve this information:

johnniep

Post by johnniep » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:22 am

done
2011 Taurus SEL
2015 Elantra SE
2004 Mustang GT
2002 Monte Carlo SS

mkaresh

Post by mkaresh » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:10 pm

We've updated our reliability stats for the Taurus to include owner experiences through June 30, 2014 (making them about 14 months ahead of some others).

2013 Taurus: 43, moderate
2012 Taurus: 63, high, very small sample size
2011 Taurus: 66, high
2010 Taurus: 73, high

2011 Taurus: 55, < 1
2010 Taurus: 57, < 1

Next updates in November and in February. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

For repair descriptions, the stats of other cars, and to sign up to help improve this information:

BullBill

Post by BullBill » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:28 pm

I'm confused by Consumer Reports latest car ratings in their Dec2014 issue. Ford Taurus V6 was listed as one of the models most improved, but for large cars, Taurus AWD was rated less than average in reliability. (Could the V6 improvements be due to the large fleets of police interceptors now on the streets????) Even more confusing is the overall Ford brand rated with the lions' share of predicted-reliability scores on its 23 models in the zero to -160 range and a few in the zero to +20 range. Nissan and Mercedes were nearly as bad (and perhaps Dodge, Chevrolet, Infinity), but the bottom suckers were Ram, Jeep, and Fiat. Am I reading this correctly? I'd be interested in your take on this.
2010 Silver Taurus Limited Rapid Spec 303B
Previous Fords: 1959 Galaxie, '62 Falcon Wagon, 64 T-Bird convertible, '93 Taurus, '95 & '98 Ranger pickups

mkaresh

Post by mkaresh » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:07 am

We've updated our reliability stats for the Taurus to include owner experiences through September 30, 2014.

2014 Taurus: 58, high, very small sample size
2013 Taurus: 57, high
2011 Taurus: 58, moderate
2010 Taurus: 61, moderate

2013 Taurus: 63, 4
2011 Taurus: 65, < 1
2010 Taurus: 56, < 1

Additional participants always helpful (especially if you see "small sample size" next to the year, or no stat at all).

To view the repairs behind these numbers, check the stats for other cars, and sign up to help improve this information (next update in February):

CC2012SEL

Post by CC2012SEL » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:19 am

We've had our 2012 Taurus SEL for 3 years this coming Feb and overall, has been a great car. It has just about 24000 miles so not a lot miles, has been driven to Washington DC in 2013 and driven to Miami Beach Florida the past April. On the trip to Florida and back to Ohio the car did an overall mpg of 34.5 and that was with all our luggage and traveling an average of 70+ mph on the freeways with the AC running. I know, sounds too good but that was what it worked out to when I figured it against the computer average, they were very similar. As for reliability, I had shifter knob replaced because of the peeling chrome, I just had the rear plastic inner fender pieces replaced since they were deforming for what ever reason and just today I took it back in to find a rattle that has showed up in what sounds like the A-pillar, maybe a wire harness from when Ford put the remote start in back when I bought the car, otherwise, we love this car, just wish it had the backup camera so we could see behind when backing. Overall, I would buy another Taurus but move up to the Limited or SHO for the rest of the bells and whistles, but hey, the wife is happy with this car so all is good. I did put the body color side moldings on along with the rear spoiler and put on some gradient silver window tint to keep the black leather cooler and to protect it as well, then I bought some Husky floor liners to protect the carpet, all done when we first bought the car.

Redoak

Post by Redoak » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:01 pm

Just got a 2015 SE three weeks ago....so far it has been great. Already got 34 mpg on a 200 mile trip and am averaging 27.5 in about 750 miles. I bought this car after my brothers results with his 2011 SEL AWD with 153,000 miles on it. He has had no problems with it and when I drove it it still ran great with no rattles at all. It's amazing that the engine is still as quiet as mine with 750 miles on it even though it still has the original drive belt on it.

The Bone

Post by The Bone » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:06 am

Took car in got a oil change last week. That was it. Its the first time that has happened. Service writer was as shocked as I was. LOL

mkaresh

Post by mkaresh » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:00 pm

Every other oil change something else needed work?

The Bone

Post by The Bone » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:40 pm

Yup and sometimes the oil was fine.
Mostly little things. Trim on roof, gear shift knob, chrome on taillights 4 separate times, tire separation was dangerous, seat cover.

BullBill

Post by BullBill » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:06 pm

Consumer Reports (March 2015) has an article about customers’ satisfaction with car repairs. Out of 32 brands, Lincoln scored 3rd and Ford was 16th. Lincoln owners rated dealerships and independent repair shops about the same, but Ford owners preferred going to independent repair shops slightly over dealerships primarily due to quality of work and price.
That said, I’ve been taking my Taurus to a dealership regularly. The only time I can envision an independent shop would maybe for a second opinion on an expensive non-warranty repair or something like that. I have an extended warranty. One of Ford’s best values is their “Works” package which includes oil & filter, tire rotation and balance, car wash, and multi-system checks for about forty bucks. You just can’t beat that! I just broke 45,000 miles, and I’ve been very fortunate so far. At my 45,000 mile service, besides the “Works,” they performed two recall services (license lamp assembly & door release handle (which I didn’t even know about). My tires and brakes are not even at half-life yet! Don’t know why I’ve been so lucky, but I do pay special attention to caring for my car, and most of the miles are road miles since I use my T primarily as a “jet sled” for road trips. Very little town driving. My fingers are crossed that my good fortune will continue.
2010 Silver Taurus Limited Rapid Spec 303B
Previous Fords: 1959 Galaxie, '62 Falcon Wagon, 64 T-Bird convertible, '93 Taurus, '95 & '98 Ranger pickups

mkaresh

Post by mkaresh » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:54 pm

Peeling tail lights are a common issue through the 2012s. I'm surprised Ford let this issue drag on so long. The final fix was to stop putting chrome trim on the tail lights.

As always, we could provide better information with more participants. To lend a hand, if you're not already:

www.truedelta.com/join

mkaresh

Post by mkaresh » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:14 pm

We've updated our reliability stats for the Taurus to include owner experiences through the end of 2014. In terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2014 Taurus: 49, moderate, very small sample size
2013 Taurus: 50, moderate
2012 Taurus: 66, high, very small sample size
2011 Taurus: 54, moderate
2010 Taurus: 64, moderate

2013 Taurus: 73, 7
2011 Taurus: 60, < 1
2010 Taurus: 57, < 1

We'll have further updates in May and in August. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

For the details, including how competitors compare, and to sign up to help improve this information:

mkaresh

Post by mkaresh » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:20 am

So, how have these cars been doing lately?

Our reliability stats for the Taurus now include owner experiences through March 31, 2015. (Others are nearly a year behind.)

In terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year ("low" is best):

2014 Taurus: 49, moderate, very small sample size
2013 Taurus: 42, moderate
2012 Taurus: 73, high, very small sample size
2011 Taurus: 52, moderate
2010 Taurus: 55, moderate

Plus, the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop:

2011 Taurus: 55, < 1

No stat for a model year? Then we very much need more participants for it. Same for those with small sample size notes. Next updates in August and November.

For repair descriptions, the stats for other cars, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Ford Taurus reliability