If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Factory amp 2005 Mercury Montego?

Discuss anything related to the interior here - e.g. seats, audio system, etc.
NewToMontego
Vehicle: 2005 Mercury Montego Premiere

Factory amp 2005 Mercury Montego?

Post by NewToMontego » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:14 pm

I have been unable to find any information on the factory amp for a 2005 Mercury montego premiere. I just got the car and I'm upgrading the audio system.

I have found the factory amp located under the liner in the left side of the trunk, and it looks very small.

Does anyone know the wattage of the factory amp in the '05 montego premiere?

I plan on using it to run kicker 6x9 in the rear deck, and kicker 6x8 in all the doors.

I am replacing the head unit with a Sony touchscreen and adding an alpine amp to run a 10 inch sub in the trunk.

My question, does anyone know the wattage of the factory amp and will the factory amp be powerful enough to run kicker six by nines in the rear deck and kicker six by eights in all four doors ?

Cannon
Vehicle: Ford five hundred 2005 limited

Re: Factory amp 2005 Mercury Montego?

Post by Cannon » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:41 pm

Hey sorry to bother you.but I have a 05 Ford five hundred. I'm thinking we have the same amplifier.I was wondering if you ever find out anything about yours on what the wattage was possibly Peak or maybe even RMS .

mmsstar
Vehicle: 2011 Flex SE

Re: Factory amp 2005 Mercury Montego?

Post by mmsstar » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:26 pm

Welcome, the OP hasn’t been active for a year, maybe someone else may have an answer.