If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Replacing rear deck factory subs

Discuss anything related to the interior here - e.g. seats, audio system, etc.
punzfocus

Replacing rear deck factory subs

Post by punzfocus » Fri May 25, 2012 2:23 pm

Im wanting to replace my factory 6x9 subs in my 07 500 limited with audiophile with a 6.5 component setup. Im making speaker adapters outta mdf and was wondering if I should use 3/4 or 1/2 inch. Has anyone done this and if so how much room is actually back there so I get the best sound outta the components..

jsampsell

Re: Replacing rear deck factory subs

Post by jsampsell » Fri May 25, 2012 4:55 pm

I haven't read about anyone adding comps back there but that doesn't mean somebody hasn't. There is plenty of room back there. The only trick is that it isn't a flat surface so securing and sealing the adapters may be a little challenging. Nothing impossible though. Here are a few pictures for your reference of the rear shelf from my thread about putting 8" subs back there:

From the top

From the bottom

Here's a link to the thread if you want to take a look at it: 8" Subs in Rear Deck.

Keep us posted about your project. I'd be curious to see what you do and how you do it. And, of course, whether it turned out to your liking or not.

Good luck!
Jeremy

Dbracken
Vehicle: 05 Ford Five Hundred Ltd

Re: Replacing rear deck factory subs

Post by Dbracken » Mon May 07, 2018 10:23 pm

How did you connect the 5 channel amp to the speakers in the rear deck? Were they in sequence?