If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

New Blend Door Actuator Doesn't Work!

BigDogg
Vehicle: 2007 Ford Taurus SE

New Blend Door Actuator Doesn't Work!

Post by BigDogg » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:49 am

I had no heat in my car. I assumed it was the blend door actuator but since I live in Texas cold days are far and in between so I let it go for a year. When the AC compressor started to go bad I had it replaced. I bought all the parts including compressor, dryer, oil, refrigerant, etc..... and had a mechanic install the parts. He also pointed out that I needed a blend door actuator so a bought one and installed it myself. Before I bolted it in I cut the car on and pushed on the rods the actuator turns and the car blew warm air so it was the problem.
I plugged in the actuator and it moved a quarter turn so it was functional but when I turn the temperature normal (a/c off) and turned the temperature from warm to cold and back it did not move. Installed it and I still have no heat and the actuator does not move so I assumed it was a bad one since it was a cheap one off of Amazon. Bought a new one from Autozone. Same results. It moved a quarter of a turn when I plugged it in but after that it doesn't move regardless of the temperature. I still have cold a/c though. Is it the temperature switch? If so should I hit the salvage yard for a replacement or maybe it is a fuse or relay of some sort. I am all out of answers on this one guys. Please help.

warment

Re: New Blend Door Actuator Doesn't Work!

Post by warment » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:59 am

Did you happen to disconnect the battery during the install? I think the actuator needs to go through a full sweep to determine the extent of movement. I would disconnect the batt for a few minutes, reconnect, and then try.
2005 Ford Five Hundred SE
6-spd auto

warment

Post by warment » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:07 pm

I just did some searching and found the following thread when I replaced my recirc actuator:

viewtopic.php?t=13671

You might try pulling out the actuator again and check to see if the plastic arms are moving as they should.
6-spd auto

BigDogg

Post by BigDogg » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:18 pm

They are moving like they supposed to. I just checked on YouTube and they showed an installation of a blend door actuator on a 2002 Taurus and they plugged the harness into it before installing it and it moved a quarter of a turn just like mine did and then when he moved the heater switch back and forth from heat to cold the actuator rotated left and right neither of my replacements did so there is another issue outside of the actuators themselves. Maybe the temperature switch is bad???

BigDogg

Post by BigDogg » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:20 pm

I will try to disconnect the battery and let is sit for a few minutes. Let see if that will work.

warment

Post by warment » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:40 pm

Watch this...it is the recalibration for a GM with a tool...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sAneWIIcJQ
6-spd auto

BigDogg

Post by BigDogg » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:57 pm

The car doesn't have dual zone so recalibration is not the issue. I'm thinking it is the switch. I will head to the salvage yard and grab two of them just in case and see if it is the problem.