If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Instrument Cluster Issue

JoePeeper

Instrument Cluster Issue

Post by JoePeeper » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:40 pm

So I have searched and researched but not seeing reference to this issue. Driving down the road and the cluster goes bonkers. Looks like the same issue documented with the gauge cluster TSB. However when the engine is off and key out, there is an intermittent clicking noise from behind the dash and the every gauge that has a sweeper arm, the arms quiver with the noise. This is with the engine OFF! Has anyone had or seen this problem? Unhooking the battery fixed the wonky cluster for now but still getting the engine off cluster activity.

JoePeeper

Re: Instrument Cluster Issue

Post by JoePeeper » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:49 pm

Sorry.... issue is with a 2006 Five Hundred

warment

Post by warment » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:46 pm

2005 Ford Five Hundred SE
6-spd auto

dmunson

Post by dmunson » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:57 pm

Yep. New instrument cluster. If (when) mine acts up (again) I plan on soldering on it a bit. At work they had finally got a good enough rig (hot air and top of the line soldering rig). I read some one's report that there are joints with not enough solder and that is the root cause. Easy enough to fix.

There is an e-bay person named "mandigital" that says he will repair / rework your cluster for $125. Search "230724825401". It's cheaper than the dealer.